Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tasty

I'm thinking about what foods I can't wait to introduce our kid to. Food always made such an impression on me when I was little. It's the reason why I hated mushrooms with a passion up till about a year ago or so. That said, I'm probably not going to introduce our kid to mushrooms at an early age. Wow, and that statement could be taken way out of context.

Sauerkraut:

One of my favorite foods. I don't remember the first time I ate it, but I remember how exciting it was to see that mom was making it. She would make it in a pan with diced potatoes and wieners. Delicious! Alicia hates it, so I get it few and far between (though I'm certainly eying a jar of it closely right now). I'm crossing my fingers on this one, two outvotes one on dinner night. Right? I'll cook it... Please?

"Baby" Corn:

Those delicious and tiny little ears of corn. YUM! I loved getting those from the buffet at Ponderosa. Or Shoney's. Or pretty much any buffet with a salad bar. I don't know if they're supposed to be sour or not, but they were and it was awesome.

JalapeƱos:

I hated hot things like peppers when I was a kid. If it was spicy hot, it was the devil. I'm very curious to see what the response is. I love hot stuff now, I put habanero hot sauce on just about everything. Don't worry, I'm not going to feed a tiny baby hot peppers. Just curious.

Nutella:

If he or she doesn't like this stuff, I will feel failed as a parent. This stuff is delicious! It's like having a jar of chocolate just chilling in the cupboard. "Oh, hello jar of chocolate. What's that? Well sure I'll put you on just about anything! Aw, I love you too sweet jar of hazelnut goodness." I mean really, screw peanut butter and its lame duck non-chocolaty self.

Sam Adams:

Ha! Gotcha. Our kid isn't going to drink or get into trouble until twenty-one. Right? Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment