Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Name Game

I guess naming a child isn't as easy as I always thought it would be. Shouldn't be difficult since we're not going by the name meanings. I think we are actually just so focused on finding a unique name and not a name we here all the time. No offense to people with names that are common. ;) I have an unhealthy love of traditional Russian names. At least if we have a boy; I'm not all that crazy about a majority of female Russian names. Where was I going with this? Meh, I don't know. Here's some names we are considering for a boy.

Aleksie
Dimitri
Luka
Mikhail
Nikolai
Diedrich
Liam

Odd? Maybe, but personally I think naming your kid the same name as every other person in America is sort of odd. It's a culture thing I guess. As for girl names, there are a few I like but just can't have. Haha, for one, there's Holly. Now think about that name for a moment.

"Holly."

Great, now put that with my name.

"Holly Potts."

Frak, ruined. Luckily my wife didn't like that name anyway, so no accidents of poor name choice there. It's okay, I only liked that name because there was a girl with that name when I went to Graves County High School for a short bit. She was nice to me, something I wasn't used to from the girls there. Crap, I suck at this!

I thought for a moment about Vika, but my wife's sneer said it all. I think it's a pretty name, but probably doesn't sound right with our last name. Crap! I think Alicia is a gorgeous name, but I don't think we can have an Alicia Louise Potts Jr. Something about that just doesn't ring well in my ears. We both love the name Claire, so that's a plus. We're on the fence about Chloe or Natalie. I like the name Julia, but again I think Julia Potts might sound odd. I really like Adelina too. Hmm!

Feel free to comment with any opinion you like either here or on Facebook if you're on there. High five, have a good night, my mind is tired.

1 comment: