Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh My Possible God

Over the past few weeks, my wife and I both noticed some startling symptoms. We were getting nauseated at unusual times, feeling exhausted even with plenty of sleep, and then my wife started smelling strange smells that weren't there. Something was definitely up and my denial finally broke. I spoke to my mother and she agreed that my wife (Alicia) should take a test.

My wife, now two weeks late, reluctantly took the pregnancy test. As I sat on my bed taking in the possibility, I heard crying coming from the bathroom. In a moment of shock, I laughed as if I had just won the lottery. My wife was not pleased with my joy as this was a completely unplanned event in our simple lives. I comforted her and a little while later we called our family and unleashed the news. It was met with screams of joy and laughter, lifting my wife's mood further.

Now, as we both continue to experience the morning sickness, we are met with a series of intense topics to consider. In my thoughts, how do we raise a child whose parents are Catholic (wife) and agnostic (me)? Also, being that I love photography, how much to document this journey? Small on the scale of things, especially when religion is such a hot topic in the Bible belt. I want to ensure my child chooses his religion or non-religion. My wife wants to raise him/her Catholic and let him/her decide when old enough. Choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment